Château-Chalon is located at the entrance to the Baume-les-Messieurs retreat, in the heart of the Jura.
Labelled "One of the most beautiful villages in France" and "Wine-growing landscape", it is a major centre of the Jura vineyards.
Château-Chalon has its own appellation d'origine contrôlée (AOC Château-Chalon) for its Yellow Wine.
Many producers will open their cellars to let you taste their products.
Château-Chalon and its surrounding area are full of places to visit: waterfalls, caves, abbeys, museums...
Website of the municipality of Chateau-Chalon...
Website of the Haute Seille tourist office....
- School of yesteryear - Website
- Charlemagne Tower
- Roman Way
A little further...
- Reculée de Blois-sur-Seille (10 km)
- Castle and wine estate of Arlay (11 km)-Website
- Museum of the House of Comté in Poligny (15 km)-Website
- Aviary of the Birds of Prey in Granges-sur-Baume (15 km)
- Cheese factory of Granges-sur-Baume (15 km)
- House of the Laughing Cow in Lons-le-Saunier (16 km)-Website
- Castle Pecauld in Arbois (25 km)- Website